WHAT IS IT?
A rare opportunity to mix the art of traditional Irish music with the magical landscape of Donegal Ireland. Come join us for an experience of a liftime. The Ceol na Coille’s School of Irish Traditional Music in Letterkenny in conjunction with Unique Ascent and Travel J'adore™ is offering a week of traditional Irish music workshops, adventure hiking and cultural enrichment for students or adults.
In case you didn't already know Donegal Ireland has been voted the #1 “Coolest Places To Visit in 2017” by National Geographic Traveller Magazine. Accomodation is at the head of the Wild Atlantic Way in the stunning area of Portsalon at Ardglass Cottages and community center.
The aim of the musical course is to introduce you to the world of Traditional Irish Music. All levels of musical training, from novice to expert can participate and learn.
- There will be 4 days of traditional Irish music workshops, working towards a performance on the final day, incorporating traditional pieces, Irish song and dance.
- Students will learn to use the Bodhran (the heartbeat of Irish music), and whistle. In addition there will be Instrumental instruction on a mix of other traditional Irish instruments, Uileanne Pipes, Accordion, Flute and Fiddle.
- These workshops are up to 2 hours each day.
- All the workshops will be held on site and led by local professional music teacher Paul Harrigan.
- All students will receive their own whistle to use and take home.
"For the Culturally Curious, an extraordinary week of Irish music, adventure and heritage. "
The magical surroundings of Portsalon, Donegal will inspire and amaze you. All adventures including hikes, rock climbing or sea kayaking are led by one of Ireland's premier mountaineers, Iain Miller of Unique Accent.
Four days of adventure hiking, hill walking and rock climbing. You will be led by an experienced professional mountaineer, Ian Miller of Unique Ascent. Each hike will be determined on the day, depending on weather conditions. If there is wind or rain a different path will be chosen to minimize the effects of the weather. Late October early November can be delightful, or blustery our guide is skilled and prepared for all conditions. The beautiful video above “Glenveagh National Park” was filmed in November 2013.
Each cottage has 4 bedrooms which will sleep 8 people (two queen and two twin rooms). You will be able to choose your bedroom, single or shared and request your roommate. If you do not request a specific roommate you will be paired with someone of the same gender and approximate age. If you chose a private room you will have a queen or twin size bed. Private rooms are very limited so book early for these.
IRISH HERITAGE AND CULTURAL TOURS
- The American Folk Park in Omagh Northern Ireland, a National Museum of Northern Ireland brings to life the Irish emigrant experience to America. Meet an array of costumed characters with traditional crafts to show, tales to tell and food to share.
- Brú na Bóinne - Newgrange 5,200 year old passage tomb located in the Boyne Valley, Ireland's Ancient East. Built by Stone Age farmers, this monument pre-dates the Egyptian Pyramids by some 300 years. Newgrange has been designated a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and attracts 200,000 visitors per year.
- Fanad Lighthouse. It is one of 70 lighthouses operated by the Commissioners of Irish Lights around the coast of Ireland and continues to provide a vital role in maritime safety today. Built in 1817 on the spectacular coast of Fanad head.
- Shared Room - Twin Bed - 795.00€
- Shared Room - Double Bed - 795.00€
- Shared Ensuite - Double Bed - 855.00€
- Single Room (1 person) Double or twin - 995.00€
250 euro deposit is required to reserve your spot. The balance will be due 60 days prior to check in. Click the LEARN MORE button for complete Terms and Conditions.
*Air carrier is Aer Lingus Direct - Departing CDG Saturday 28/10/17 at 10:20am. Returning Saturday 4/11/17 arriving CDG 20:55 pm. All unaccompanied minors must travel with our group. If you choose to travel seperately with an adult you may reduce the cost by 100 euros.
Example of Daily Schedule
- 9 am Breakfast
- 10 am - 4 pm Hike in Donegal or Heritage Tour
- 1:00 Lunch
- 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm Afternoon tea and break
- 5:30 - 7:30 Irish Music Class
- 8:00 - Dinner
- 7 nights accommodation (single or shared double)
- Return Air flight on Aer Lingus from Paris CDG to Dublin International.*
- Ground transportation to and from Dublin International Airport to Ardglass Cottages in Portsalon, Co. Donegal.
- All ground transportation throughout the week provided by Bus Feda.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks at the center.
- Four days of adventure activities (eg rock climbing, hiking, repelling, sea kayaking or tyroleaning depending on weather) led by a professional mountaineer.
- Admission fee and tour to the famous Fanad Lighthouse.
- Admission fee and tour of the American Folk Park
- Admission fee and tour to Brú na Bóinne - Newgrange
What's NOT included:
- Meals, snacks, or drinks outside of the center.
- 100% refund up to 60 days prior to check-in.
- 50% refund up to 30 days prior to check-in.
- 20% up to two weeks before check in.
- No refunds after 14 days.
- To process your refund you must contact us by the refund date. Call or text +33 6 30 15 67 75.
- If the minimum number of participants is not met or the event is cancelled for any reason you will be refunded your full amount.
- Travel insurance is recommended.
60 days before the check in, you will receive an overview of daily activities and schedule events with names and contact information of the facilitators and chaperones.
30 days prior the event we will send you your flight information and transportation details to Donegal.
15 days prior to check in you will receive information about arrival in Dublin and a detailed packing list.
To reserve your spot or get additional information Click the LEARN MORE button or call +1 734-747-3783 or +33 6 30 15 67 75.