This is a D.I.Y. style tour with all the fun and none of the stress. We take a TGV from Paris Gare de l'Est station to the center of Reims. Not only is Reims home to the most famous French wine, Champagne, it is also known as the fountainhead of the French Nation.
Our first stop is at G.H. MUMM, renowned for its Cordon Rouge champagne. We take a guided tour (in English) and go deep into the cellars with one of the special guides to get a glimpse of how champagne is produced now, as it's always have been through the ages. At the end of our tour, with your glass of champagne in hand, there is a fun interactive sniff test with our guide to see who has the best nose for wine.
Next, we have lunch. Reims is well known for exceptional food. We will have a lot to choose from on the day. After lunch there will be time to roam around the streets of Reims at your own pace to explore and do some shopping.
No trip to this city is complete without a tour of 'Our Lady of Reims Cathedral'. She is one of the oldest and finest examples of Gothic architecture in the world. But her true significance lies in the fact that it was here, in 498 that Clovis was baptized. Clovis was the first King of what would become France. Therefore, it is this spot that proclaims to be the birthplace of France. We will take a tour with a professional guide to learn about her significant place in history and the role she still plays in modern day France.
We will return to Paris via TGV railway and be back in Paris by dinner time.
Price of the tour:
Standard: 99 €
What is included in the price:
- TGV direct from Paris Gare d’est
- Tour of Champagne Cave
- Champagne Tasting – One glass
- Tour of the Cathedral of Notre-Dame de Reims by a Professional guide.
- The cost of lunch is not included. You can expect to pay around 15-20 euros for a meal, not including drinks.
- This is a walking tour so please wear comfortable shoes and have an umbrella handy just in case!
- The order of events may change depending on the weather and other circumstances.